Projected Release Date
Finalize Your Cover Artwork
We recommend a JPG or PNG file that is 3000×3000 pixels.
Get Your Music Mastered
You’ll need a 44.1 kHz, 16bit stereo WAV or FLAC file.
Want to make your mix sound great? Get quick, automated mastering!
Submit your music for distribution
Sign up for global music distribution, monetization, and more.
Double-check all your metadata before submitting!
Verify your music has been delivered
Has your music been sent to streaming platforms? Here’s how to check.
IMPORTANT: Platforms will not publish your music UNTIL your chosen release date.
Doing a PR campaign for your release?
YOU’LL NEED ADVANCE PREPARATION OF:
- 3-4 months for national or international media
- 2-3 months for online media (blogs, podcasts, etc.)
- 1-2 months for local press (weeklies, newspapers, etc.)
Here are some other things you should do BEFORE your release date…
Create your Show.co account
Grow your Spotify engagement with these FREE tools.
Set up a Spotify pre-save
Let your fans save your music on Spotify before it’s released!
Update your Spotify Profile
Claim your Spotify for Artists account.
Update Your Apple Music Profile
Get verified with Apple Music for Artists.
Update your Amazon Music profile
Access Amazon Music for Artists.
Update your YouTube Official Artist Channel
Get verified for an Official Artist Channel on YouTube.
Get your lyrics on Instagram Stories
See your lyrics on major digital services via Musixmatch.
Pitch your music to Spotify
Submit a track to Spotify’s editorial team.
Do this at LEAST seven business days before your release.
Create a Spotify playlist
Build a playlist related to your music so it’s ready to go!
Then add YOUR music on the release date.
Set up your smartlink
With HearNow, your customized smartlink:
- Can be created instantly
- Gives you an attractive promo page
- Directs fans to their preferred platforms
You can even collect virtual tips with links to Patreon, PayPal, and Venmo.
Official Release Date
Your music is available
Verify your music is live on all the big platforms.
Update your online presence
Add new photos, bio, and links to your social profiles and website.
Tell the world
Share your new music with your audience via:
- Email & social posts
- Website announcement bar
- Blog or news updates on your website
- Editing your featured playlists
- Updating your Spotify bio
- And much more
Be sure to share your smartlink rather than pasting a dozen URLs!
Run a "Social Unlock" campaign
Drive Spotify streams, follows, and saves by offering secret content or giveaways.
Pitch music to indie curators
Reach out to playlisters interested in your genre.
Post supporting visual content
There are countless ways to SHOW the story of your songs:
- Music videos
- Lyric videos
- Spotify Canvas
- Lyric snippets on Instagram
- Reels and TikTok
- Pics and video from the creative process
Shine a light on different aspects of your music!
Run an interactive ad
Spread awareness with interactive ads that:
- Get your message on sites like Rolling Stone & Pitchfork
- Boost streams & video plays
- Have affordable minimum budgets
Do a first-week audit
Where is your music performing best? Check your analytics on:
- Spotify for Artists
- Next Big Sound
- Amazon Music for Artists
- Apple Music for Artists
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Google and YouTube
Release a supporting single
Keep your algorithmic energy going with a follow-up song!
Release music the right way!
- Keep ALL your music available online with no annual fees.
- Find a global audience on 150+ platforms.
- Make the most money with sync, publishing, social videos, and more.
Got more time before your release?
Sweet! Do these things too.
Document The Creative Process
Capture video and take pics. Also, keep detailed notes about:
- The meaning of the lyrics
- The story of the recording
- The gear you used
- Working with collaborators
This stuff will come in handy later for promo content and social posts.
Figure Out Your Story
Find your hook for press & playlisters by asking:
- Who is your ideal listener?
- Why do they need your music?
- What makes you unique as an artist?
Distill that into an elevator pitch! You’ll have a leg up in your promotion.
Book your release party
Celebrate your album live with both online and IRL performances, including:
- Livestream concerts
- A special “album release” gig or tour
- Listening parties on Instagram Live, Twitter, etc.
- Behind-the-scenes VIP experiences
Plan ahead so you can host a memorable event for your fans; music venue talent buyers often need 3-6 months to get you on the calendar.
Get more from every recording session
Before you close down your session or leave the studio:
- Burn instrumental mixes for sync licensing
- Print stems for remixers
- Try a stripped-down alternate mix
Save yourself the time later by doing this stuff NOW.
We’d appreciate your feedback with this really short survey! Thank you!